Friday, March 2, 2012

Picture for 12.03.02


Day Two of the March Photo Challenge (www.marchphotochallenge.com) was themed WATER.

This might be one of my most abstract looking images ever... it's a bowl of red water with a glass (mini-martini? I'm sure it has a better name...) standing in it, with yellow water in that glass. I then set the combination on top of a semi-white surface, had the lights shining from above it, and took the picture from straight above.

It felt like I did a lot of editing, and it certainly looks a good bit different from the .jpg the camera produced, but this one I actually used the RAW file for, so all of my "editing" was really preparing the RAW file for conversion... does that count as editing? It allowed me to get the brighter exposure that I really didn't have the light for otherwise, and to saturate the colors a little more. However, I did mess with the tone a little in order to create a whiter background, which made the red turn more orange. Hmm.

Only edit I did after the conversion was to crop the image a little bit to make it harder to identify the source... you could se a little more of the glass rim prior, which might have given it away, so now it's much more (I think) abstract.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment