Sunday, March 4, 2012

Picture for 12.03.03


For the March Photo Challenge (www.marchphotochallenge.com) day 3 theme of soil I decided to go with a little less literal interpretation, and made a dirt cupcake, complete with gummy worms. Considering about 3 hours worth of work went into this (from shopping, mixing, baking, composing and posing), I'm really hoping this day ends up being my most complicated one, or I am going to be really tired by the end of the month!

This picture sounds like it was easy - absolutely no editing beyond the conversion of the RAW file - until you look at the fact that I took over 45 shots to get this one! Getting the focus right, while working with the limited light sources inside my house, and making the cupcake look like dirt *and* look appetizing... it was a heck of a feat. While I don't claim this picture to be perfect, or the accomplishment of all my goals, it was definitely the best picture, and one that I'm definitely okay with. The rest? They're getting deleted. Not even worth it.

Sad story to go with the cupcakes: Took them with me to visit a friend that lives an hour away... and left all the cupcakes there, including the Pyrex dish. I never ate one after all. While the friend will probably eat one or two, she definitely won't eat all of them. I do hope she finds people to share them with!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment