Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Picture for 12.03.21



12.03.21

Day 21: RECESS
http://www.marchphotochallenge.com/2012/03/day-21-recess.html

The first definition on the website for this word was "temporary withdrawal or cessation from the usual work or activity". While my mind immediately thought of elementary school kids out on the playground, I thought that might be kinda creepy, me showing up outside the fence with my telephoto lens. I decided to go for a more sedate activity, focusing on the words "withdrawal" and "cessation". Hence having tea and chocolates on an otherwise empty table, with nothing to distract from the moment. At least, not insofar as you can tell from the picture...

Kit lens and indoor lighting at night, so I converted the picture to black and white to reduce the effect of excessive noise. Some other alterations - took the picture underexposed in RAW since I didn't have my tripod, so I edited to get a lighter, airy look - following the usual process. One of these days I'll have to focus on getting a picture that is "perfect" SOOC... or at least good enough!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment