Thursday, March 8, 2012

Picture for 12.03.07



Day Seven: CONTRAST




http://www.marchphotochallenge.com/2012/03/day-7-contrast.html



I really wanted to capture the contrast in camera without doing major obvious editing, and I figured you can't really get more contrastastic than a silhouette. I enlisted one of my co-workers for this shot who doesn't usually like getting her picture taken, but was willing to cooperate for this. Happily, not only did I get my shot, but we also got some non-silhouette shots that she likes too, so it's win-win! For a perfect silhouette I should have had her step away from the window a little more - she's got some light falling over her shoulders - but I think I actually like it better this way.

Converted from RAW, emphasizing the blacks and contrast, then used the Velvet Cream action from www.thecoffeeshopblog.com to slightly change the look a little - almost black and white, but with a little warmth on the window frame and her skin to keep the picture from being cold. And of course, the image looks vastly different on my work computer than on my laptop. *sigh*
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment